- We got one embryo transferred on October 8th, 2015. I was given a lab req. for my beta-HCG for October 19th and 21st.
- I avoided the internet for the 2ww.
- I kept myself as busy as possible.
- I tried to forget that I had one dollar store pregnancy test left from the last cycle.
- I started falling asleep really early every evening
- My boobs started hurting
- I tried to put my tiredness and boobs at the back of my mind but Lance was getting suspicious!
- October 18th came and I could no longer forget that I had that test sitting there in the bathroom...
Lance and I were making breakfast and I had to go to the bathroom, so I excused myself. I'd already managed to get rid of my "first morning pee", but I just couldn't help myself. I grabbed that test out and pee'd!
Then I waited.
I tried to hide my emotions as I hid the test deep at the back of the cupboard and came back out to the kitchen, shaking.
I was so upset. Why did I take the test? Why didn't I just wait until the next day when I could go to the lab and at least Lance would be able to support me then, but I'm going to have to live with this horrible secret all day.
Then I thought "What if I just didn't wait long enough?" Three minutes is a long time, especially when you're trying to be secretive. I ran back to the bathroom, ripped the cupboard apart to find the test and to my surprise, it showed two lines.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! No way!
I ran out to the kitchen and blabbed to a very surprised Lance "I'm pregnant".
And that's pretty much how the rest of that day went. It seems like forever ago already.
I had the lab test the next morning which confirmed that I was indeed pregnant, and the follow up two days later confirmed that the Beta-HCG levels were indeed doubling, and thus starts this new transition from "trying" to "achieving".
Stay tuned! :D