Thursday 27 March 2014

New Beginnings

I'm not a phone person at all, but I opted to have a phone consultation with Genesis on Monday to go over the last cycle.  I would rather talk on the phone than deal with Vancouver traffic if I have to!  I hate, hate, hate Vancouver traffic!  

Dr Kashyap was her normal kind, gentle self on the phone and after offering her sympathies got right to business.  She thinks that the cycle failed because my hormone levels were out of whack and that led to a crappy baby-welcoming environment in this old uterus of mine.  

All that said and done, she said that she thinks that we should try a natural cycle, with the possibility of a multi-embryo transfer.  My interest piqued!  No hormones, and twice the chance!  After the embryo is transferred then they will probably start me on the Progesterone pessaries again, but that should be it.  It sounds wonderful.  I won't be all messed up and crazy... Maybe.  ;)

Now I just have to wait for good old Aunt Flow to visit me to start the process.  This may be the first time in my life I will be excited to get my monthlies.  Teehee.  

In the past few weeks I have made some discoveries about myself.  My iron levels SUCK.  It's true.  My Dr's have been telling me this for years, and one had even threatened to transfuse me if I didn't smarten up and take those damn pills.  Well, I kind of fell off the wagon for a bit after the big disappointment and stopped taking all of my pills.  Stupid?  Yes!  I became tired... Irritable... Pale.  I hadn't really noticed that I'd become more awake, happier, colorful when I was taking the pills, so I put myself back on them all.  Prenatals, Folates, Iron!  Maybe I'll just be stuck taking pills for the rest of my life, but it's better than being a tired, crabby bitch that looks like death.  Lance also suggested that if I stop taking them, he'll start drugging me.  Duly noted.  

So there you have it.  We have four more frozen "chances" to make this happen, and I really hope that this natural cycle works.  I don't think I'll be quite so neurotic with the googling this time.  I'll just let nature take its course and hopefully the outcome will be so much better than the last time!  

See ya soon!  
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment