Saturday 15 February 2014

Feeling Blah!

I could use a beer.
Or a bottle of wine.

The last couple of days have been pretty emotional for me.  Yesterday, we went to the bank to finalize all of the loan stuff and got stuck behind a huge 8 vehicle accident on the way home.  What a nice way to spend Valentines Day, so in lieu of a nice romantic Valentines dinner, we grabbed McDs and watched a movie at home (I fell asleep at about 8:30 on the couch with my head on Lance's lap... How's that for romantic).

I am still kicking myself for reading forum posts on www.ivf.ca yesterday as it seemed to really make me doubt that this whole process will work and that things seem just too rushed.  I ended up calling the Genesis Nurses Line this morning to make sure that everything was ok, and she seemed to see no problems with the process, so I guess that's positive.

Lance and Bailey have been super supportive throughout this week and have hugged me when I've needed it, which has definitely helped keep my inner Satan at bay.  If the worst thing I have to deal with is plenty of tears, I suppose that's a heck of a lot better than having manic screamfests for irrational reasons (which was kind of what I was assuming may happen).

Anyway, I'm waiting for a call from the Fertility Clinic with the results of my lab work this morning.  Hopefully they have good news for me and we can move on to the 2nd week of ridiculously expensive medication and over-the-top emotions.

My fingers are crossed.




Here's the accident that we got stuck behind for about an hour and a half.  Nothing was moving except emergency vehicles.  Although it sucked, at least Lance was there with me (that's his work van right in front of me).  We didn't start moving until after it was dark, and really cold!  

No comments:

Post a Comment