Friday 14 February 2014

Google Is Not A Good Substitute For A Dr.

I don't know why I did it to myself, but I've had so many questions lately that I decided to spend my morning looking online for answers.  

It's Valentines Day and Lance and I were thinking about going out for dinner, but I worried about having a glass of wine with dinner.  I'm not pregnant yet, but could a glass of wine have an effect on the IVF?  When you're spending as much as we are on trying to have a baby, you don't want to mess things up with something as stupid as a glass of wine.  I've already told Lance that he's not allowed to drink beer for at least a week before the egg retrieval, and he has begrudgingly agreed.

Gillian and I looked it up yesterday, and I guess it's safe to say that neither one of us will be enjoying a glass of wine tonight, even though there's no conclusive evidence that it will or will not affect anything.  But that all got me thinking about other stuff.

I'm ashamed to admit that I had forgotten this, but I was born with all of my eggs.  I'm not sure where I went wrong, but recently I've been thinking that I grow eggs each month.  Sometimes I think that they teach you all this reproductive stuff too early, or perhaps I just didn't pay enough attention in class.  Anyway... I started researching the female cycle this morning and ended up at an IVF forum (www.ivf.ca).

I started reading posts.

I should never have done that.

There were so many stories of canceled and failed cycles that it's hard not to get scared thinking that this could happen to us.  I know that every single persons journey to the IVF clinic is unique and that I should always be hopeful, but wow,  Some of those stories were so disheartening.

So on I go, and in the wise old words of one Homer J. Simpson...





No comments:

Post a Comment