Monday 17 February 2014

In The Thick Of It All

Wow, what a crazy week.  I had my first appointment at the clinic since I started taking the hormone injections.  They wanted to do some lab work and another ultrasound.  She said that everything looks good so far in the ultrasound, which was awesome to hear!!!  They are going to update me with the labwork this afternoon.  I go back for more labs and another ultrasound on Wednesday, which happens to be my 37th Birthday.  Yikes!

My sleep seems a little messed up still, I lay awake at night hoping that everything will work out and worrying that something will go wrong.  I also think of weird stuff, like what if Adam or Eve were infertile... What would have happened to the world?  Lance looks at me like I'm crazy when I try and explain what I'm thinking about.

I'm still not finding myself being as nuts as I thought I might be with the medication.  Jenna (A friend from work) told me that when her friend went through IVF she became so insane that they had to take a break from friendship until her hormones calmed down.  Lol!  This is what I based my own expectations on, and luckily, I'm having a much more positive experience and the few people that do know what's going on are being very supportive which helps so much.

It still seems so surreal to me though.

I used to feel very sad for people that were infertile and had to go through a clinic to get pregnant, and while I wish that no one had to pay thousands of dollars and ride this emotional rollercoaster, I can't help but think that we are also getting to experience something that a lot of people don't ever have to, or get to experience, and that's awesome!  If everything works out for us, this won't be a surprise pregnancy, and although I will miss being able to surprise Lance with a little "+" on a pregnancy test, we will appreciate it all the same, if not more!  We will also have that exciting thought running through our minds constantly that there could be more than just one little baby on the horizon, and that too would be extremely awesome and exciting.

Lance + Marie = Team Awesome!

I couldn't help posting this picture. 
 Lance keeps bringing his part in the whole process up when I complain about all the needles. 
 His part sounds like a lot more fun than my part!  

No comments:

Post a Comment